The Museum of everyday life in Roman Britain.
Verulamium Museum is on the site of one of the major cities in Roman Britain, now an attractive park. Inside you will find:
- recreated Roman rooms
- hands-on Discovery Areas
- video presentations
- touch screen databases
- some of the finest Roman mosaics and wall plasters outside the Mediterranean.
Take an online tour or have a look at the top ten objects to see what's in the museum.
Verulamium museum is invaded every second weekend in the month by Roman soldiers who demonstrate the tactics and equipment of the Roman Imperial Army. Talks commence at 2.30pm on Saturdays and 3.00pm on Sundays.
See our What's On page for further details other activities.
The Museum has new look shop which has been developed in partnership with the British Museum selling high quality souvenirs and books with affordable pocket money items for children.
Monday - Saturday 10.00am - 5.30pm
Sunday 2.00pm - 5.30pm
Last admission 5.00pm
- Adults - £3.80
- Children, Senior Citizens and Concessions - £2.00
- Family Ticket (2 adults + 2 children) - £10.20
- Under 5s - Free
- Residents of St Albans District (with proof of residency) - Free
- Friends of St Albans Museums - Free