Kicking off a year of themed museum lates, enjoy a jam-packed evening of food and drink, activities and performances, all exploring the theme of printing.
Step inside the museum after hours and explore all the elements of this fascinating industry - from beautiful typographic design to age-old techniques and modern technologies.
Our cafe will be serving pizza and cocktails for you to enjoy in between trying out some of the activities taking place throughout the museum:
- Head upstairs to the magnificent Assembly Room and have a piece of poetry written especially for you by one of the Typewriter Poets.
- Create your own printed tote bag at a drop in screen printing session run by Laura Felicity in the John Apthorp Learning Studio.
- Try your hand at mono printing with artist, Sarah Moroney.
- Learn all about 3D printing from Digital Office in the Weston Gallery, from printing on the International Space Station or printing in chocolate here on earth.
- Enjoy short spotlight talks on the first book to have been printed in colour in England in 1486 and discover hidden elements of the First Impressions exhibition.
The whole museum and gallery will be open so don't miss this chance to experience it in a new way.
[£5 special introductory ticket price includes all the activities, with food and drink available to purchase separately.]