St Albans Museums Service is responsible for two museums and three heritage sites.
- Verulamium Museum - one of the best collections of objects from Roman Britain including some fantastic mosaics. AL3 4SW.
- The Hypocaust, in Verulamium Park - a modern building which houses a Roman mosaic and underfloor heating system. AL3 4SW.
- The Clock Tower - a rare example of a freestanding medieval belfry. AL3 4EL.
- Sopwell Ruins - an open field site full of history. AL1 2BY.
- Please note - the Museum of St Albans has now closed (the social history of our town alongside exhibitions of contemporary art). AL1 3RR. For plans for the new museum and gallery, click here>