KS2 Prehistory Explorers - new school session
This hands on session has been designed to give an overview of some of the main changes that took place from the Stone Age to Iron Age. For more information click here>.
Learning for Schools
We offer three main options for school groups:
· At Verulamium Museum, schools can enjoy a self-guided visit and take part in one of our popular sessions on Roman Britain with opportunities to handle and investigate artefacts. Key Stage Two> Key Stage Three>
· At The Clock Tower we provide tours of this historic building which has been a feature of St Albans for over 600 years
· Teaching in Your School: we offer a variety artefact handling sessions which can be delivered in local schools (within a 30 min radius drive from St Albans). Foundation and Key Stage One> Key Stage Two>
Booking a Schools visit to Verulamium Museum
Please have a look at what we offer using the tabs on the left. You will need to tell us:
* which session you would like * when you would like to visit
* how many of you there will be.
Then, to check availability for an upcoming visit or if you have any queries, please phone Bookings Officer Liz Gloyn on 01727 751814 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org. The handling sessions at Verulamium Museum are very popular and the earlier you can book the more likely you are to get the date you would like. Please note: the phones can be very busy at times and email may be a better way to get in touch initially.
Learning for Children, Families and Adults
We have a number of informal learning events including a series of regular gallery talks at Verulamium Museum provided by the St Albans City Guides. For talks and workshops for adults, click here. Check the What's On listings for details of all our events.
By walking 3 minutes in the other direction you can visit the remains of a wonderful Roman Theatre, for more details visit the Gorhambury Estate's website.