Are you an excellent communicator with a passion for collections, culture and art? We look for dynamic and passionate people to be part of our Museums team.
The museums are funded by St Albans City and District Council.
The museum team members are employed by the Council and all recruitment is handled by the Council’s HR department directly. Please visit their webpages for any current vacancies, which are also advertised via our social media channels and displayed here.
Casual work at St Albans Museums
Casual Visitor Services Assistants
St Albans Museums are seeking casual staff to support the Visitor Services team at both Verulamium Museum and St Albans Museum + Gallery. You will be part of a dynamic team, working in the front-of-house, gallery and shop areas. You will assist in ensuring all visitors have an enjoyable, educational and safe visit to the museums. Work is available during the day and for evening events and functions.
St Albans Museums is open to all and as an organisation we are committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We particularly welcome applications from candidates that are under-represented in the museums and heritage sector, including black and minority ethnic candidates, candidates from diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and/or candidates with a disability.
If you would be interested in casual work with the museum service, please complete the casual worker application form which you can find on St Albans City and District Council's website under the section about casual work at the council.
Casual Event Building Facilitators
We are currently recruiting for a number of Casual Event Building Facilitators to support our vibrant and exciting events programme at both Verulamium Museum and St Albans Museum + Gallery. This work could either be out of hours or during the daytime, depending on the event.
This roles will be responsible for facilitating access to required areas of the building and facilitate the operational delivery of the events:
- To open and unlock the building prior to the event and to lock and secure the building at the event close
- To facilitate access to various locations in the building as required by the Event Manger (from our cafe partner LEAFI) and any other commissioned service (such as security)
- To direct guests and contractors to locations within the building as required upon arrival and refer them to the Event Manger
- To direct any concerns about guests or the event in general to the Event Manger
- To take direction from the Event Manager as required
- To act upon a pre-provided list of instructions and contacts for various amenities and emergency services (if required)
- To act as Fire Warden in the event of an evacuation (if required) - training will be provided
- To be a First Aider and complete accident forms (if required) - training will be provided
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete the casual worker application form, briefly outlining how you can fulfil the requirements of the role as outlined above.
This form can be found on St Albans City and District Council's website under the section about casual work.
Casual work, £10 per hour.
For any questions about this role or how to apply, please contact email@example.com.