The St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust
Founded in 1995, the St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust is a registered charity and a key partner of St Albans Museums and the University of Hertfordshire. Its work includes supporting the museums and galleries of St Albans by utilising members’ interest and experience, raising funds, underwriting events and promoting the benefits of the city’s rich heritage, arts and culture.
Find out more about how you can become a friend.
Charity No. 1051868
Your museum and gallery at the heart of the city
The Trust, in partnership with St Albans Museums and the University of Hertfordshire, led on the fundraising campaign behind the new St Albans Museum + Gallery, located in the city centre's Grade II* Town Hall.
The Trust spearheaded the fundraising of the final £1.7million of the £7.75 million project. Although St Albans Museum + Gallery is now open, it's never to late to contribute to the ongoing running of the building, helping us to put on exceptional exhibitions and events.
Make a donationSupport the museums with a donation
Please note: in order to process your donation, St Albans Museums and Galleries Trust will need to share some of your details with St Albans Museums.
The Trust have supported a broad range of innovative key projects of local, national and international significance such as:
- Building a bespoke gallery for the Roman Hypocaust Mosaic in Verulamium
- Facilitating essential conservation works and an augmented visitor experience
- Improvements to the award winning Verulamium Museum
Smaller projects have included:
- Assisting with obtaining funding for exhibitions such as the UH Arts curated Barbara Hepworth exhibition and the St Albans Museums Service’s Pickling Project
- Viewing platform outside the Hypocaust
- Signage for works of art around the City
- Children’s mosaic craft table
- Costume history talks including Dickens, Royal Brides, Titanic
- Purchase of display cases
- Funding WWI live history
The Trustees help with the managing and ongoing business of the Trust and have a diverse range of skills from legal expertise, to craft, and digital entrepreneurship to fundraising.
Audited accounts can be viewed on the Charity Commission website by searching Charity No. 1051868.
As of 2022, the Trustees are:
- Edmund Connolly (Chair)
- Sarah Cowper
- Stephen Watson (Treasurer)
- Alexis Benoit
- Alex Parrott
Allen Mills is the Trust Administrator.