Do you like meeting new people? Are you a lover of local history?
Are you interested in research? Are you keen to support your local community?
If you’re looking for a role with opportunities to try new things - volunteering with us might be the thing for you!
We are lucky to have an amazing team of volunteers supporting us, who get involved with a whole range of projects and activities and we couldn’t do what we do without them.
Some of the opportunities we offer:
- meet new people and support the museums team at fairs, festivals and outdoor events
- be a gallery volunteer during exhibitions n the new St Albans Museum + Gallery
- rummage in the archives to help our curators catalogue, document and photograph the collection.
- assisting in the running of adult and family activities and events
Past projects involving volunteers:
- a pop-up museum of over 70 objects: Objects on Demand
- a buildings research project and audio installation on the construction hoardings around St Albans Museum + Gallery: Talking Buildings
Read about some of the projects directly from our volunteers in the profiles below.
Find out more
For background information about training, insurance and more, have a look at our Policy below.
If you're interested in becoming a volunteer, download our Volunteering Policy and complete our Expression of Interest Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form.
Email your completed form to our Volunteer Coordinator, to be added to our database.
You will then receive our next Volunteering Newsletter where you'll be able to see what upcoming opportunities are available and get involved in one that appeals to you.